Skip to main content

Looking for a method to disable licensed users without having to enable "automatically grant licenses" for SCIM / Okta management.  Can API achieve this?  It would be ideal to use Okta for this as LCM is already enabled in our environment- not sure why this is a prerequisite...

Hi Sean! Thanks for posting in the community.  SCIM does allow you to disable licensed users within Okta without switching licensing settings in Lucidchart. I'm unsure of how you have your groups set up in your Okta instance but generally there are two groups a "view only" group containing all users and a "can edit" group containing the users who are supposed to have a licence. Removing users from the "can edit" group would remove the license within Lucidchart. If I misunderstood the question or you run into issues removing licenses using SCIM please submit a ticket here describing the issue and we'll get you taken care of!

Evidently I was working off old information that is very good to know and seems like it'd be a good solution to our problem.  Do you have a link to supporting documentation for that configuration?  I only found https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207300146-Okta-SAML-and-SCIM-Integration for SCIM integration information which doesn't seem to have details on setting up groups as you mention.  Thank you!!!

Just following up to see if you could provide further instructions on how to accomplish aforementioned solution.  The link I've provided for Okta/SCIM seems to grant any user added a license.  Would be very helpful to have those instructions.  Thanks!

Hi Sean!  I'm going to turn your post into a support ticket in our system and then someone will reach out shortly via email to give you a hand!

For anyone else encountering this issue please contact us here.

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!