Skip to main content

I'm not a power user by any means but I find the constant red dot to drag a line from shape the most annoying "feature" of Lucidchart. I'm just trying to resize a shape and I can't because of this. Is there anyway to turn it off?

Hi Tim

Thanks for posting on the community! Unfortunately there is not a way to turn this feature off. Please fill out this Feature Request form if you would like to see this change. 

In the meantime the red dots should not be an inhibitor while resizing objects. When resizing an object you need to select the shape first. After selecting the shape blue boxes will appear around the shape to help you resize. If you are seeing this is not the case please get back!

I can't bear it that I always drag a line when I want to resize or move an object. It is such an absurd feature an awful design as nearly 99% action are failed as I have to undo and redo it one or two times for every moving or resizing. 

Hi @fei l! Thanks for posting in the community and apologies for the trouble you're experiencing. I posted a response to your question here in this thread! I hope this helps - please let us know if you have additional questions.