Skip to main content

Allow Overlap

• 3 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello how do I allow things to overlap? I'm trying to move a door object as close as possible to a particular area - right up against another shape item but it keeps changing the shape of the other item on the page or it flips and it's kind of frustrating.

How can I stop this behavior and put things however I want and no other shapes are "auto" anything?

Thank you!

Leonard

You will want to turn off snap to grid in your page settings.  See the below screenshots.  Depending on what your are placing there is some auto intelligence built into the shape so that it will snap to other objects.  Doors snapping to walls in your floor plan would be a good example of this.

Hi Karsten I've tried this but it doesn't fix the problem. I've turned off both Grid and Snap - no luck.

You named exactly what's causing my issue - it's trying to play a door close to another object. It's flipping it and then resizing the object it overlaps. 

I get how this could be cool if that's what you want but it's not what I want.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Example showing my settings to make sure I"m doing it right :)

Leonard

That is the functionality of the door object.  Unfortunately you will not be able to change that setting natively.  You can take a screenshot of the door -> add it to your canvas as an image -> then save it as a custom shape by right clicking.  Once you place the object back on the canvas it will be a static image and will also be available for later use.

That worked just fine for now. Thank you Karsten!