Skip to main content

Hello 

I am currently using the embed feature to provide interactivity to my charts for our team. We have security concerns and would like to make sure these documents are not accessible out side of our organization; however only certain individuals have Lucid accounts and thus sharing via Lucid is not an option.

Is it possible to enabled embedding of a document while also restricting direct link access? Currently if the embed is activated I am able to open the chart regardless of permissions on the document.

Any help is appreciated thank you!

Hi Evio thanks for posting in the community! When you say "if the embed is activated I am able to open the chart regardless of permissions on the document" can you please clarify what you mean? What steps are you taking to open the chart? Are you accessing the URL directly or clicking the "Open with Lucidchart" button within the embedded diagram on your site? Additionally are you the owner of this document that is embedded? 

Thanks for your help and patience!

Hi, I know its been some time with this post but we are currently wondering the same thing, did you ever find a solution?

Hi @tabush, thanks for following up! Can you share more about what you are wanting to do and clarify whether you are using the publish or embed feature? For more information on either of these, please review this help center article.