Skip to main content

Hi I was exploring the org structure templates that can be used with smart inputs. Found that the tool and template is designed to allow a waterfall model of org structure where team member has an associated supervisor ID which is used to connect the employees together. 

In my situation we have multiple chapters/competencies ( like development test build etc) and there are line managers as competency heads. These team members gets pulled into squads for specific feature developments that changes every PI. I need a way to show the team member's chapter organization and also grouped into their squads and additionally show a set of members outside their chapters but belong to squad (Sauad PO squad scrum master etc). 

Does Lucid support this? 

I have a sheet where it says who is a team member's line manager and also which squad they belong to. I would like it to be graphically represented. I tried to use smart containers but that cannot display a photo given a link to a photo it just shows the link. Any suggestions welcome. 

Hey Vishnu! This sounds like it would be a better use case for our org chart functionality that is available in Lucidchart. I would suggest reading through the org chart article here to get a feel if this solution might fit your needs. If you would like to see tips on customizing your org chart check out this Community post (in English).

Once you've created your Org Chart in Lucidchart you can utilize Universal Canvas to switch back and forth between Lucidchart and Lucidspark allowing you to utilize Lucid Cards sticky notes the sorting feature tagging etc that is available in Lucidspark. 

Hope this helps -- let us know if you have any other questions! 

I started org chart after listening to the video but that was not as extensive as I needed. Read through the documentation and found what I need is almost available with the Group View feature. Just one thing missing is the Group view misses the proper representation of the employee card with the photo in it. 

Any chance to get the nicer shape style from the main page1 to reflect on the group view page as well instead of plain text as shown below?

Hey Vishnu -- I'm glad those resources were helpful! Unfortunately no in group view images are not visible. You can however paste your image into the Lucid document resize it for your cell and place it within the cell accordingly. 

Hope this helps -- let us know if you have additional questions!

Hi Vishnu! I’m Abby from Lucid. I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Agile Trusted User Group. This group is made up of passionate, experienced users who regularly use agile methodologies in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team and share insights about your workflows, pain points, and needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s agile tools. 🎉 You can learn more and apply here. Thanks!