Skip to main content

I found the callout shape but the arrow does not move around the rectangle to allow it to point in any direction.  It only points up. Is there another shape that works like the one in PowerPoint which allows the arrow to point in any direction?

Hi Richard

There is a work around for this:

1. Rotate the call out in 90 degree increments (hold down SHIFT during rotation) until the arrow is pointing in the desired direction.

2. With the call out selected go into the text properties dropdown and click 'rotate' until the text in the call out is properly oriented.

Hi Braden

Thanks for providing that workaround-- it's a great idea and I'll have to give that a try!

No problem Abby. Actually on second look I just realized that Lucid has the ability to just grab the pointer (by clicking the point in the center of where the pointer connects to the primary box) and move it anywhere on the periphery of the box. So no need to rotate anything!

Hi Braden! Thank you very much for this explanation about grabbing the pointer. It is super helpful!

where do i find said callouts? i cannot find them

Hi @yianni

You can find the callout shape by going to the shapes panel in Lucidchart and searching ‘callout’. 

Hi @yianni

You can find the callout shape by going to the shapes panel in Lucidchart and searching ‘callout’. 

Hello I tried doing that but didn't find any. 

I find actually have UI Misc folder

Hi @yianni

If you have a free account, this shape library is premium and not accessible to your subscription level. However, if you have a paid account you can find this shape and the UI MISC shapes by following these instructions: 

• In the shapes panel click on More Shapes
  • Search UI MISC 
  • Select the library

Hi @yianni

If you have a free account, this shape library is premium and not accessible to your subscription level. However, if you have a paid account you can find this shape and the UI MISC shapes by following these instructions: 

• In the shapes panel click on More Shapes
  • Search UI MISC 
  • Select the library

Hello I do not have that ui misc library and I'm pretty sure it's a paid subscription through my company

Hi @yianni

Do you have a UI Mockups library? Can you provide a screenshot? 

Hi @yianni

Do you have a UI Mockups library? Can you provide a screenshot? 

looks like i found it. it was dug in there. the search didnt find them

Hi @yianni

I’m glad you found it! Let me know if you have any other questions.