Skip to main content

I am unsure if this an account issue if the feature was simply removed or if there is another issue at hand here but previously in Lucidchart it was possible to hold the left mouse button down and drag to select several objects then hold Shift and drag across several other objects to add them to the current selection.

Now holding Shift no longer adds to the selection. In fact no modifier keys seems to work when dragging.

They do work if with multiple objects selected you click on individual objects to either add or remove them from the current selection which is not exactly helpful when quite a substancial amount of objects need to be added to the selection.

This is experienced by me and all other Lucidchart members on my team.

We have tried testing in Microsoft Edge (we are Chrome users) and in Incognito mode and this behavior can be observed throughout.

What is aggravating is this functionality was there some time ago and it is either erroring out or even possibly removed entirely from Lucidchart (in which we are pondering the benefits of removing something that is pretty much available in all other apps out there).

Hi Martin thanks for posting in the community! I appreciate your thorough report and troubleshooting. I was able to reproduce the issue as you described and I've filed a bug with our development team so they can take a closer look at the issue - I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as I learn of any progress. I apologize for the trouble! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have additional questions in the meantime. 

Thank you Micah B!

I'll make sure to check back here fairly often for updates.

Absolutely! You'll also get an email notification whenever I or another Lucid user posts here as well. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to support your work in the meantime. 

Yes I noticed the email notifications. That's awesome. As for supporting my work in the meantime thank you for your consideration but I'm afraid we'll have to make due until it's resolved.

I must say I am glad you were able to reproduce the issue on your end as we were debating whether this was by design (I'm glad it apparently isn't) we were using Lucidchart incorrectly somehow a setting was incorrectly configured somewhere or we were just losing our marbles. Heh.

I did search the Lucid community pages prior to posting and found nothing in regards to this particular issue which leads me to believe it might be account related because if this occurs with every other Lucidchart users I would have expected someone to have flagged this by now as this has been ongoing for a few months for us.

No matter I'll await further updates into this. Thank you again Micah.

Hi Martin updating this thread with good news - our development team was able to resolve this issue! You should now be able to click and drag to multi-select without issue now. Will you please give this a try and let me know if you're able to successfully? Thanks again for your help and patience. 

Why YES Micah it works beautifully now. :)

Many thanks for your assistance on resolving this issue!

Martin thank you so much for confirming! Glad to hear it is working as expected for you - thank you again for your patience while our development team investigated and for raising the issue. Please let us know what else we can do to support your work in the future!