Skip to main content

I used an Org chart but when I add a text box it creates this uneditable object!  See snip below

I have tried to change the font and size but it seems to use invisible ink. In the end I had to delete the link and then recreate it.

I am a new user and am now invested in a growing  Org Chart so would like help.

Thanks Dan

Hi Dan

Thanks for reaching out in the Lucid Community! If your text is appearing as boxes the most common cause is network/browser interference. As a first step would you mind trying opening your document in an Incognito Chrome window? This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions. If this doesn't help I would recommend attempting to access Lucidchart through another network to see if that helps. 

If your text still isn’t appearing as you expect WebGL might be causing an issue with the graphics card on your computer. Can you try toggling WebGL off? This can be done by going to View > Use WebGL and un-selecting this option.

If the trouble persists after following the steps above this is likely a document-specific issue and we would love to take a closer look. Would you mind submitting a ticket by filling out this form and making sure to include the URL to your org chart? This will help us investigate further. Thanks!