Skip to main content

Is it possible to add multiple icons (i.e. circles of different colors) to the same flowchart shape but anchored to different parts of the shape?  I would like to have different colored circles represent different teams responsible for various actions within a process.

Hi Chuck thanks for posting! Yes you can do this if you select the "Icon Set" option in the Conditional Formatting settings when creating a rule. You can then select the icon you'd like what shapes you'd like to apply it to and where on the shape. You can also do this manually if you wish by selecting a shape on the canvas going to the icon selector on the top toolbar (screenshot below) and applying an icon in a certain place on a shape. Hope this helps!

I'm also having a hard time selecting multiple icons for one shape. Can you advise on how to do this?

Hi Michelle! You can put multiple icons on shapes by using conditional formatting. Please take a look at this Help Center article for steps on how to do this. Please let me know if you experience any trouble after reading through it!

Hi Maison - I read the article but it was overly complex for me.  I'd like to simply add multiple icons to a shape on a case-by-case basis.  i.e. I'd like a standard square process box with a green circle icon in the top right corner and a grey circle icon in the bottom right corner.  How do I do this? I can add one icon but can't seem to have two icons.  Please advise.

Thank you! - Kirk

Hi Kirk thanks for following up on this thread! To add another icon you can simply create another rule select whichever icon you want and change the positioning to the bottom right corner (see the GIF below.)

A new rule will automatically apply to all shapes on your diagram which meet the criteria set by the rule. If you want to selectively apply the rule start by selecting the shape(s) you wish it to apply to and then follow the steps outlined above to create the rule as usual. You can also unapply a rule at any time. To do this hover over the rule name click the 'More Options' icon and select 'Unapply'. Hope this helps!