Skip to main content

This is a very basic question I am sure. But in the "Detailed Work Breakdown" template there are legend boxes that indicate work that is about to start in progress and completed. I have no idea how to create or edit those. Can someone help me with this? Thank you1

Hi Dan 

Thanks for posting in the Lucidchart Community! Those legend boxes were built specifically for that template by combining conditional formatting rules and icon sets with data linking. Please note that data linking is an enterprise-only feature and depending on your account level you may not be able to reproduce that specific legend. 

However you can build your own legend by following the steps outlined in the “How can I add a legend” section of the Conditional Formatting and Icon Sets article from the Lucidchart Help Center. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the prompt response. It appears that I may be able to change the icon based on the present rules by changing the "status" of an individual box. At least that is what I am able to determine based on what I have read so far. However I can't see where I can change the status of a particular box. I believe if you can point me in the direction of that I can solve this problem. Thank you. 

Hi Dan 

Thanks for continuing this thread! The statuses associated with those boxes are set by the dataset imported to create that diagram. If you click the data linking icon in the data panel at the right of your canvas and scroll to the right you will find a column “Status” that dictates whether the status is "In progress" "Complete" or "Waiting".  

This means that changing those statuses would require replacing the dataset which is only available to users on Enterprise accounts.

Hope this helps clarify things!