Skip to main content

Hi 

Is there a way to automatically add actions to a Smart Containers diagram? Ideally I want to specify a URL in the source CSV / XLS file. I was inspired by this article below however need a way to import all these URL actions.

https://lucidchart.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001259626-Add-Actions-to-a-diagram#toggle-conditional-formatting

Hi Simon

Thanks for posting to Lucid Community! Unfortunately there is currently not a method to use conditional formatting from the Actions feature to link to a URL. Conditional formatting can only allow you to format Icons Shape Styles and Dynamic Shapes. If you would like to add an Action to link to a URL for your diagram you will need to select the shapes and add the actions individually. You can follow the steps outlined here

If you would like to see URL linking in conditional formatting in the future would you mind adding this to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration and are highly valued when prioritizing improvements to the product. 

If this doesn't answer your question or you have additional questions please let me know. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this has caused and thanks for your request.

I had the same question as Simon and filled out the feature request form.

Being able to make hyperlinked shapes with a formula would also be nice.

Hi @jon l101 thanks for continuing this thread and adding to our feature request form! We are always striving to make Lucidchart better for our users and your feedback is the best way for us to do that.

For other users who would also like to see this functionality in Lucidchart please add your idea to our feature request form! We really appreciate it!

Hi Simon! If your importing Excel files into Lucid I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.