Skip to main content

I have an organization chart that goes 5 levels deep. Each node has tthe level defined as an attribute and I create group views based on this level. I see no way to add actions to the nodes in the group views. 

Is there a way to add actions to the group nodes?

Hi Ron thanks for posting in the community! I'm happy to help! Can you please clarify what you mean by "node" in the Group View of your org chart? Are you referring to each employee shape? For example in my sample org chart below where each group is employee location are you wanting to attach an action to each individual employee within the group (such as Bartholemy and Bernelle) or to the group itself (such as China and Germany)?

Micah

Micah

You are correct. I want to attach an action to each employee's "node" that will point to the employee's internal web page of accomplishements using Lucid's Action -->Web Link or Email feature.

Regards

Ron

Hi Ron thanks for getting back to me! Yes this is possible. To do so  ensure that you select that specific employee "node" by double clicking it - you'll see that the individual "node" will be highlighted in blue. Then you can open the actions menu and add the URL to the internal page in the web link field. In the example below I've selected Bernelle's shape then opened the Actions menu. 

For additional information on creating the Actions please refer to this Add Actions to a diagram article from the Lucidchart Help Center and let me know if you have any additional questions!