Skip to main content

Hello can you please advise how can I add diagrams located in a team folder to Google Drive?

Many thanks

Inna

Hi Inna 

Thanks for reaching out to the community! 

To add documents in a team folder to Google Drive please open the desired document> click File> Click Export to Google Drive. These steps can be found for you to reference in our Lucidchart in Google Drive Help Center article.

Hi Emma Thank you for the reply. However I am looking to access and store the diagrams in the lucidchart format on the drive not in PDF. Similar with the diagrams for which I am the owner and can be found in my Lucidchart folder on the drive. Can you please advise if this can be achieved? Many thanks

Inna

Hi Inna

I see what you are trying to accomplish! So our Google Drive integration has two separate functions. First you can sync drive with Lucidchart.  This means you can access all of your Lucidchart documents via Google Drive without going to Lucidchart. However you will not be able to edit Lucidchart documents unless you open them in Lucidchart. All synced files will initially appear in a folder called “Lucidchart” in your Google Drive account. Once they have appeared you are free to move them to other folders in your Drive. Please do not delete the original Lucidchart folder unless you no longer wish to use the integration.

The other function is a backup. If you are on an Individual Team or Enterprise account you can set up a weekly backup of your Lucidchart documents to Google Drive. You can also use this as a one time function if desired.  Navigate to account settings> Document settings> Backup.

If you set this up you will receive an LAF backup file in your Google Drive account every week. You can then restore your documents to Lucidchart with the instructions found in the link. Note that the LAF file is ALL of your Lucid boards and documents combined into one "zip"-like file. You cannot do this for individual documents. 

Hope this helps!