Skip to main content

I have a flowchart where I need to add a shape in the middle of it. Is there a way to automatically shift everything along from where I would insert it or do I need to manually select the other shapes and move them?

Hi George

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It is possible to select several shapes in one go by right-clicking on your canvas dragging your mouse cursor over the shapes in question and releasing once you've included all the shapes you want to move at once. I'm adding a gif below for clarity:

UyTet-ldpCj8NABb-BkNwA.gif

Once you release you will see a blue square around the selected shapes. You can click anywhere inside the square and drag your cursor to move all the shapes at once:4ULQI7ChLfNHwhc-n5ZlRQ.gif

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have questions!

Hi Coumba

Thanks yes I was aware how to do this. I guess my issue is that I have lines connecting each shape and dragging them around skews all the lines. Is there a way of removing all lines in one go?

Hi George

Thanks for getting back.

At this time there isn't a tool that would allow you to select all your lines at once (and remove them). This would need to be done manually.

However I do agree that such feature would be super helpful! We're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. If you'd like please feel free to add your idea to our feature request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the Product Development Team for their consideration.

I'm sorry I'm not able to help further here! Let us know if you have any follow up questions!

I'm not sure how this feature could be implemented but it would be extremely useful.  I sometimes have to add shapes to flows that are already build and re-aligning shapes lines etc. is very time consuming.

Hi Lucio thanks for commenting in our community! This feature would be super helpful! Please feel free to add this suggestion to our feature request form. Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the Product Development Team for their consideration. More interest in a feature helps the team prioritize updates.