Skip to main content

I was reading through the Lucid SCIM 2.0 documentation and was wondering how I could make the same calls if I'm using a non-supported IdP like PingIdentity - especially when it comes to authentication. 

Will I be able to authenticate via OAuth2.0 and will I still be able to access all of Lucid's SCIM resources? 

Hi Gregory

Thank you for contributing to the Lucid Community! Can you please clarify what you are needing OAuth2.0 authorization for while using our SCIM API?

As long as your SCIM application can provide your account's Bearer Token you will be able to make SCIM API requests. You can find more information regarding Bearer Token Authorization using a third party application in our documentation here

Hey Richard thanks for responding so quickly! For example PingFederate supports a variety of authorization methods OAuth2.0 being one of them that we're keen to use - just wanted to confirm that as long as we include the generated token in the authorization header in every request we'll be able to make the relevant calls? 

Hey Gregory

Unfortunately OAuth2.0 will not work for making SCIM calls to Lucid. It has to be basic HTTP bearer token auth. Ping should support this for provisioning purposes. Please let us know if this does not answer your question!

-KB

Hey Karsten

Great thanks so much! And how long are these tokens valid for? 

Hi Gregory

Thank you for your question. SCIM bearer tokens do not have an expiration. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!