Skip to main content

Love the accessibility features of LucidChart but I'm stumped by one issue: I have some decorative shapes in a flowchart. I don't want screenreaders to read them--or at least I want the screenreader to flag them as decorative. Is there any way to do that aside from setting alt text?

Hi Amanda

Thank you for posting in the Community! Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we’re always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Would you mind adding your idea to our feature request form? Ideas submitted to this form are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

As a growing company we take our feature requests very seriously. We are continuously looking for how we can make our product more useful and effective for our users and we pass that information directly to our product development team.

However you can adjust the reading order by accessing the Accessibility Settings. To access the Accessibility Settings follow the flow File> Accessibility Settings. You can then drag and drop the tiles in the desired reading order.  For more information regarding our Accessibility Settings you can reference this article.