Skip to main content

I have created an org chart document and shared it with a colleague with Edit/Share access to collaborate on it. The document is linked to an external data source. She has edit access to the file and can change icons / conditional formatting but the layout/data options appear to be empty. 

Is there any limitation for a collaborator with Edit access to use the layout/data functions? (import / refresh / field selections / filters ...) 

Hi David

Thanks for posting on the community. Collaborators who have Edit access to the Lucidchart diagram and the dataset used to create it should have access to all layout/data functions including importing refreshing selecting fields setting up filters etc.

You mentioned that "View Dataset" option in the right-hand menu was leading to an empty panel for your collaborator. This is an open bug in Lucidchart causing the panel that this option opens to appear blank for org charts. This is occurring for all users and is not specific to collaborators. Collaborators who have edit/share access to a document will be able to see all of the data linked to the document. In the case of an org chart that data will show in the right-hand panel when a person is selected. For instance below I have Russell Ross selected in my org chart and his data shows in the right-hand panel.

Hope this helps!