Solved

This OAuth2 client is not available

• 6 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

My team developed a web application that uses a REST API to create and then embed the Lucid Chart documents into our website.

We successfully tested the integration between our app and the Lucid. It works fine as long as the user is added to the collaborators in the developers panel.

However, when other users test our application they get an error saying:
“This OAuth2 client is not available”

The account administrator installed our application package for the whole account, but the error still persists.

We don’t use the Extension API and our application is totally external to the Lucid. We just need to use the REST API only.

icon

Best answer by Ian Baenziger 3 May 2024, 22:33

View original

Comments

Badge

Hey Marcin,

I'm Alec, I'm one of the engineers who works on the REST API as well as the developer platform. If I'm understanding your problem correctly, I have good news that a solution is on the way!

It sounds to me like you are interested in privately publishing your app so that it can be used by users on your account, without publishing to all users with access to the Lucid Marketplace. We are almost finished developing a flow for Private Publishing, which will allow you to do just that. I can reply to this thread with a link to the new documentation when the feature goes live if that sounds right to you.

Packages are only needed for apps that use the Extension API. As you mentioned, currently the "Install for whole account" functionality works only with packages. With the release of Private Publishing, you'll be able to give all users on your account access to the client by completing the publishing flow.

I hope this was helpful, let me know if I can help with anything else!

Badge +1

Dear Alec,

Yes, that’s exactly what I need.

Could you please share with me the documentation?

Is there any temporary workaround for this issue that we can use now?

Kind regards,
Marcin

Badge +1

Will it help if I install a dummy package with Extension API? Will it unblock my Client ID and allow my web application create Lucid documents via REST API?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey Marcin!

Private publishing should be released pretty soon (I have to be careful about what I say regarding timeline in a public forum).

I would love to meet to figure out how we can support your needs in the interim. I’ll send you an email to talk next steps.

Thanks!

Ian

Badge

Hi Ian, 
please add me to this email cos Marcin is off tomorrow. 

Best Regards
Tomasz 

Badge

Hi Ian, 
I have replied to your email today and wonder it they reached you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

In case anyone is coming across this thread, good news! Lucid released private publishing earlier this year! 

The link to the documentation can be found here. Please feel free to post here or elsewhere in the community if you have any follow up questions. Thanks for building with us!