Skip to main content
Solved

Need Assistance Accessing Lucidchart API and Developer Portal

• 14 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I'm currently working on a project that involves integrating Lucid chart's interface into a website. The goal is to provide users with the ability to edit, view, and save charts directly from our interface,

I've encountered an issue during the initial setup. I’m unable to access the Lucid chart Developer Portal for further documentation and resources. However, every time I try to access the portal, I am redirected to the documents page with the message:

"To unlock the Developer Portal, contact your admin for the developer role assignment. Unsure who your admin is? Check our documentation for guidance."
even if I’m not on an enterprise account but on free trial.

I've looked through the documentation, but I'm still unsure how to get api keys or the developer portal access. Is there a specific process for getting the developer role assignment without contacting the admin as it is my personal account. 
Also, in user settings there is no option to turn on developer account or mode.

Any insights or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Jayant,

Thanks for posting in the Lucid for Developers Community space!

Please note that at this time, Developer tools are only available to Team and Enterprise accounts. As you wrote that you’re currently on a free Lucid trial, that is the reason why you cannot access the tools.

For further information, please feel free to refer to the following help article: Developer tools in Lucid

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Badge +1

Thank you for the response.
Can you clarify if I will be able to integrate the lucid chart interface in my web application to edit, view and save flowcharts?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Jayant,

If you’d like to create, test, and distribute apps built on Lucid’s REST and extension APIs, you would need to be on a Team or Enterprise subscription.

If you do upgrade or join an account on a Team or Enterprise subscription, the Developer platform will allow you to  build your own application(s) for external and internal embeds, Lucid Cards, shape libraries and data syncing and visualization. 

Please feel free to take a look at our Developer Documentation for more details on what can be achieved using our APIs!