Skip to main content
Solved

Make diagrams programatically using Lucid API

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, where to start to make diagrams programatically using Lucid API? I would like to access Lucis API from python program and make diagrams. Any snippets to start with? How to get access to Lucid API?

Hi Jacek, welcome to the Lucid for Developers community! I recommend reviewing our Developer Docs Guides here to learn more about getting started with our APIs. You can visit our GitHub repo for examples of already built-out extensions.

If you’re particularly interested in creating diagrams programmatically, you may want to check out our JSON Import API. See this community post for a great overview and an example Python project linked in the pinned reply: New JSON Standard Import API

Hi Jacek, welcome to the Lucid for Developers community! I recommend reviewing our Developer Docs Guides here to learn more about getting started with our APIs. You can visit our GitHub repo for examples of already built-out extensions.

If you’re particularly interested in creating diagrams programmatically, you may want to check out our JSON Import API. See this community post for a great overview and an example Python project linked in the pinned reply: New JSON Standard Import API

Emma, is single user subscription allowed to create application (to move on in getting access to Lucid api, otherwise I can not make my program). I do not see in my account settings any option called developer settings.

Hi Jacek, currently only Team and Enterprise account users can access our REST and Extension APIs. They’re not available to users with free or Individual Lucid accounts. 

Hi Jacek, currently only Team and Enterprise account users can access our REST and Extension APIs. They’re not available to users with free or Individual Lucid accounts. 

understand, is there a way to programatically generate a diagram as file, and enter it into Lucid chart?

@Jacek W Certainly! This is possible using our standard JSON import API. This allows you to set up a JSON file and send it in a request to our Import Document endpoint to create a document.

In addition to the Community post I mentioned before and the example Python project, you may find this JSON import FAQs Community post to be a helpful resource if you want to learn more. Hope this helps!