Skip to main content
Solved

Lucidchart Integration using API for Entity-Relationship Diagram

• 7 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello

We are building MDM tool to manage dimension metadata. We have all the metadata that Lucidchart need to build Entity Relationship Diagram. Instead of importing metadata manually is there an API which we can use to supply metadata in JSON format to generate Entity Relation Diagram?

Thanks

Mahendra

Comments

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi there thanks for posting in the community!

Unfortunately what you are trying to do is not currently supported in Lucidchart. However we're always looking for ways to improve Lucidchart and your feedback is the best way for us to do that. Ideas are passed on to the product development team for their consideration.

In the meantime you can check out our ERD Help Center article for our current ERD features. Thanks for your request and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi! Updating this thread with exciting news - we've recently launched Lucid for Developers a community space dedicated to supporting and connecting our users working with the Lucid API and our most technical features.

In this section the developers actually building Lucid’s APIs will be available to answer your most technical questions just like this one. Furthermore here we plan to announce new endpoints tools and guides to help you have the best possible experience developing on Lucid’s APIs. You can browse existing posts connect with other users with similar questions and goals and ask questions of your own by creating a new post or leaving a comment. Thank you and we're excited to hear from you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Mahendra! We unfortunately do not have an API that can generate a diagram or shapes based on a JSON. It's something the Lucid API team would love to one day provide. However given other priorities this API is not on our near-term roadmap.

However we do have a solution that may potentially work for you. It is in a closed beta so I won't describe it here on this public forum. However if you'd like to learn more you're welcome to email me at ibaenziger@lucid.co and I'll explain. Thanks for taking the time to post Mahendra!