Solved

Lucidchart data import from Snowflake via API

• 5 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

I would appreciate if you could provide me with more information regarding Lucidchart's API capabilities for importing data. Specifically I would like to know if it is possible to develop an organization chart in Lucidchart by importing data from an external source such as Snowflake using the Lucidchart API. I do know for a fact that it is not possible to directly connect to Snowflake.

It would be helpful if you could direct us to relevant documentation or provide guidance on how we can achieve this integration.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Richard U 6 July 2023, 00:51

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Wasiql thank you for your question and for being a part of the Lucid for Developers Community. You're correct in noting that there isn't a direct Lucidchart/Snowflake integration at this time.

However you can leverage Lucid's APIs to create and update a document's data source. While the actual creation of the org chart would need to be done manually within the Lucidchart editor the API can facilitate the import of data from external sources.

For a more customized solution you might consider exploring our Extension API (currently in beta). In particular the Data Connector APIs could potentially be used to create a custom integration for your org chart allowing you to import data from Snowflake or other sources.

Here are the relevant links from our Developer Docs for your reference:

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional guidance. We're here to help!

Richard