Skip to main content
Solved

How to hide a shape while using an API extension

• 4 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Is there a way to hide programmatically a shape in a diagram in an extension?

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Michel L , thank you for contributing to the Lucid for Developers Community. I want to clarify what you may be referring to. When editing a document in Lucidspark, you can hide the contents of a Container, as shown in this Help Center article. This option is only available in Lucidspark. Is this what you’re referring to?

If you wish to hide the content of your container, you can select the eye icon from the Context Toolbar. No one will be able to see the content of the container unless you select the eye icon to unhide the content.

If you are using Lucidchart, a similar result can be achieved by placing a shape on an overlapping layer and then toggling the visibility of that layer. Refer to our Add layers to a Lucidchart document article to learn more.

Please let me know what you’re seeking to achieve with your extension.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you for your reply.

So how can I place my block onto a layer programmatically in my extension?

How can I create a layer programmatically in my extension?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Michel L This is a great question and the answer will depend on your extension. A member from our Development team has reached out to you to learn more about your use case!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Richard.

The goal is to be able to hide Block, when its shapedata value has a specific value.for impact analysis diagram.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thanks for clarifying! Did you receive an email from our team?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

yes