Skip to main content

While using the FIELDLOOKUP and LOOKUP functions in my document I noticed that they did not update as the associated dataset was updated.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new dataset with some minimal data

2. Create a field (variable) on the page

3. Use the FIELDLOOKUP or LOOKUP formula in the value of that field

4. Verify the value matches the originally uploaded data

5. Open the data panel and make a manual edit to the data in that dataset

6. The value of the field does NOT change (it still reflects the value that was originally uploaded) - this seems to be a bug as it is not the expected/intuitive behavior

7. From the data panel choose to Replace the dataset with a new set of values

8. Verify the value of the field now reflects the newly replaced value in the dataset

Hi Nick

Thanks for posting in the Community! We'll follow the steps to reproduce that you've provided and follow up with next steps here. 

When we originally created `FIELDLOOKUP` and `LOOKUP`, we hadn’t even begun discussing the ability to edit data, let alone implemented it, so the functions don’t know it’s even possible, let alone accessing the updated data.

We should be able to fix this.

Thanks for letting us know about this problem! We believe we've fixed it. If you have any more problems, let us know.

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 I thought you, and any others who might come across this topic in the future, might be interested in Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!