Question

Customizing LucidChart UI

• 5 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I have created custom UIs within MIRO as part of my organization product offerings.  We would like to provide a similar experience to LucidChart.  React would be our preferred web framework and I see documentation on this.

• LucidChart toolbar has File Edit View Insert set menu items.  Can you extend LucidChart menu?  Add a new menu item perhaps with sub menus?

• Shapes on the document in LucidChart contain a right click.  Can you add new right-click menu items?

• The documentation for React UI shows adding a new custom right panel.   I looked but cannot find the other options to add panels or modals.  What are the alternatives?

Thanks Dan

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Dan thank you for contributing to the Lucid for Developers Community! I am looking into how the Lucid Extension API could be used to build this custom UI and will follow-up as soon as I have more information. 

In the meantime can you please provide some additional information?

• Use-Case Specifics: Could you elaborate on the specific use-cases you're looking to address by extending the Lucidchart menu and adding right-click options?
  • Previous Experience: You mentioned you've done similar customizations in MIRO. Could you share what specifically you were able to achieve there that you're looking to replicate in Lucidchart?

I definitely can elaborate. I would prefer to talk through it if possible. maybe shoot me an email and we can coordinate schedules?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @daniel h thanks for following up in this thread! I've reached out to our internal API team about this and will get back to you shortly. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime. Thanks for your patience!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @daniel h we are excited to learn more and work with you more closely. I passed your contact to @ian b101 Lucid's lead Product Manager for our APIs he will be reaching out to you directly.

For anyone else viewing this thread we are always eager to hear your ideas for custom integrations with Lucid and the Lucid for Developers Community space is for yout to ask question about how Lucid's robust Extension API may be used to help make your ideas possible!