Skip to main content

Is it possible to export lucid chart diagram in xml or json format using Lucidchart export from third party system . 
I have an application which uses BPMN to map business processes I wanted to integrate Lucidchart as an option to import the BPMN I wanted to know if the LucidApis provide an option to export the diagrams from Lucid chart to third party in xml or json format. 

Hi Vyshnavy 

Thanks for posting in the community! There is not a way to export a LC document to JSON or XML using the API because there isn't a way to do this in the editor. However we are considering a new import and we'd love your feedback on this thread: JSON Import.

These are the file types for export that we currently have available:

Please review this Help Center article for additional information on exporting. Please comment in this thread to continue the conversation share your use case and thoughts on this potential feature!

Thank you for responding.
I have a following query 
Is there a way to export LC diagram specifically BPMN using an API which has shape lines and data arrangement information in csv or similar format ? 
Is there an inhouse API to do this or something similar which you can use to get Lucid diagrams information to a third-party application through REST call.

Hi Vyshnavy thank you for your questions. Our Document Contents endpoint returns a JSON that lists all elements on the canvas of any given document. For more information head over to the Lucid for Developers Community and check out this Tutorial. If you have any further questions about Lucid's APIs please feel free to comment on that Tutorial or create your own post in the Lucid for Developers Community!