Skip to main content
Solved

API endpoint for Publishing a View only URL for a non account holder

• 1 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to share a URL like you can in the Share>publish menu via the developer API?

Thanks

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Luke I , 

Thanks for posting! There isn’t currently a way to share a URL directly via API, but you do have the ability to add collaborators to a document via API. Would this fit your use case? 

Badge +2

Not really. I currently use the publish url to add to a teams channel for each project we run and there are many and varied people from inside and outside the company that need access to view the live document. 

I was trying to automate the document creation from template and sharing of the URL to the teams channel so this process is all done and ready for anyone who is added to that team.

I Assume this is not on the road map anytime soon?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Luke I Thanks for sharing more about how you use publish a document to URL in your workflow – it sounds like an efficient process and we’re always looking for ways to improve our API. I've shared your feedback and specific use case with our product and development team. They'll definitely consider it for future updates.

If they need any more details to better understand your needs, I'll reach out. We always appreciate hearing about how our users are using Lucid and are always looking for ways to enhance the experience.

Stay tuned for any updates, and thanks again for your input!