Solved

Access Link Data on Shape from Formula

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

It is possible to use a formula in the Conditional Formatting to access the data in a link applied to that shape?

I am looking to both access whether a link has been added to the shape and also the link itself if it is a URL or a different Lucidchart Page.

Thanks,

Reid

icon

Best answer by Adam Y 20 February 2024, 23:18

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @ReidCrandall , thanks for posting! Would you mind clarifying what you mean by ‘access data’ and elaborating on your intended outcome so we can provide some more specific guidance?

For example, are you wanting to obtain the link/URL in a shape’s data in order to add this as text label on another shape in your document? Do you want to make a specific change to shapes (e.g. fill color) through a conditional formatting rule which evaluates whether or not a link/URL is present in the shape’s data?  Or are you wanting to access this information and return it externally via our APIs?

Badge +1

Emma:

Thanks for the quick response.

I want to do two different things:

1. I want to use a formula to see if there is a link to a different Lucidchart page or external URL so that I can have the shape show an icon with a rollover state that say that if you click on the shape it will take to another location with more information.
  2. I want to be able to differentiate between whether the link is a Lucidchart page or an external URL so that I can denote on the shape whether the link takes you within Lucidchart or to an external page.

Does that clarify?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Reid,

Thanks for following up and sharing those details. I believe you should be able to achieve this using the SHAPEACTIONS formula, specifically the URL Shape Actions option. I’ve linked our documentation on this here. Please let us know if you have further questions or encounter issues.