Skip to main content

Show us how you use Lucid for a specific project, workflow, or activity ✨

• 18 January 2024
  • 14 replies

💭 Imagine this scenario…

Your workplace has suddenly been taken over by a group of time travelers from the 1960s. They view “work” as something that can only be done in an office with ample pen and paper.

Before they start making drastic decisions like reallocating the software budget for a new fax machine, they’re willing to learn about the power of visual collaboration.

💡 What you must do… 

Persuade them that Lucid is the key to brainstorming, planning, and delivering results.

💬 In your reply:

1. Provide a compelling example of how you use Lucid in your role.
  2. Upload at least one screenshot of the corresponding Lucidspark board and/or Lucidchart doc.
  3. Come up with a unique tagline to wrap-up your pitch.

“Who says you can’t work from the beach?” 

Tasked with mapping out the customer journey, the new travelers expected a multiple-day white-boarding session, where we would take pictures of our work before erasing the board and starting over. Feeling as if that was unnecessary, I decided to head to the beach and collaborate virtually to complete our customer roadmap. No whiteboards required.

My example:

I recently used Lucidspark to showcase all the capabilities of the Lucid Champions program to internal teams at Lucid.

Without Lucidspark, I’m not sure what I would have done. An elaborate, solo rendition of charades? A series of posters with hand-written drawings and captions? A group meditation session where I try really hard to transmit my thoughts into everyone else’s minds?

There really is no substitute for what Lucid provides in terms of the instantaneous understanding of concepts and ideas via the power of visual collaboration.

Screenshot of board: 

Unique tagline: 

Lucid or LOSE IT! Meaning, if we don’t have Lucid, we will LOSE IT: our ideas, our collaboration, our momentum, maybe even our minds.

💭 Imagine this scenario…

Your workplace has suddenly been taken over by a group of time travelers from the 1960s. They view “work” as something that can only be done in an office with ample pen and paper.

Before they start making drastic decisions like reallocating the software budget for a new fax machine, they’re willing to learn about the power of visual collaboration.

💡 What you must do… 

Persuade them that Lucid is the key to brainstorming, planning, and delivering results.

💬 In your reply:

1. Provide a compelling example of how you use Lucid in your role.
  2. Upload at least one screenshot of the corresponding Lucidspark board and/or Lucidchart doc.
  3. Come up with a unique tagline to wrap-up your pitch.

With ground breaking technology, you can make your software engineering processes more efficient and collaboration easier. 

Tagline: The future of tomorrow is here now

My Example: I recently found it to be a good idea to diagram a process flow of how to work through identification of, and to find a resolution for, a bottleneck. Oddly enough, it is shaped in coinciding fashion!

Screenshot of Board:

Tagline: Lucidity or not to be

1. Breakdown complex concepts visually to help everyone understand. While speaking through a difficult concept verbally, share your screen and begin to build a LucidChart speaking through each shape on the diagram. Soon, you’ll all be speaking ‘the same language’
  2. Screenshot

3. Communicate Visually

Tagline: Empower every voice: let the quietest ideas take center stage with Lucidspark!

I strongly believe in the transformative power of technology to help every individual find their voice in discussions. Some of us do our best thinking independently, while others thrive in larger group settings. For some, our best ideas emerge with time and space, while others shine when put on the spot in oral dialogue. Tools like Lucidspark level the playing field by accommodating all styles, allowing us to create an inclusive, equitable, and empowering learning environment for everyone to find their voice and build their confidence.

Lucid helps to envision what a current and future state process looks like at an organization. Process maps are one way that I utilize Lucid to benefit my organization. Sometimes it takes outlining a process in its entirety to identify gaps and areas of improvement! 

Imagine trying to explain a business plan using pen and paper? So many fine details are often overlooked in the discovery process and so much time, effort, and more importantly, resources are lost due to these ‘oversights’. Rather than costing you, and your customers, time and money, get everyone on the same page with visual diagrams! 

I use LucidChart during every client onboarding to level-set expectations of how business between us and the customer will function. On numerous occasions, simple decisions or minor (yet critical) details come to light when walking through a diagram. Not everyone in a business understands technical jargon and has the ability to construct a process in their minds using word on paper, nor 30+ slide presentations. One, fluid and free-flowing visual diagram allows almost any person to view, and understand, what the plan is.

“Go Visual, or go Broke.”

Tagline: Empower every voice: let the quietest ideas take center stage with Lucidspark!

I strongly believe in the transformative power of technology to help every individual find their voice in discussions. Some of us do our best thinking independently, while others thrive in larger group settings. For some, our best ideas emerge with time and space, while others shine when put on the spot in oral dialogue. Tools like Lucidspark level the playing field by accommodating all styles, allowing us to create an inclusive, equitable, and empowering learning environment for everyone to find their voice and build their confidence.

@Stacey R, you’re speaking my language! Lucidspark is SUPER accommodating to all types of learners and collaborators, including introverts. Fun fact: I was voted “Most Shy” in high school, and I think if I had Lucidspark, I would have been voted “Most Creative Brainstormer” or “Most Likely to Use Lucid to Convey Her Ideas.” I’m kind of sad for myself that there was no such thing as Lucid at the time… which is crazy because I graduated high school only 2 years ago… 😂

Love your tagline, too!

“I think if I had Lucidspark, I would have been voted “Most Creative Brainstormer” or “Most Likely to Use Lucid to Convey Her Ideas.”

This right here fuels what I do! My teaching has been driven, in large part, by trying to create a classroom environment that little me needed. I was an introvert and perfectionist, and I needed time to process before being ready to say my ideas aloud. The traditional ways of “participating” didn’t work for me. Edtech tools change the game, and I’m thankful for companies like Lucidspark, not only for championing this mission but also for offering these tools for free in education!

Have you ever wanted to brainstorm some ideas for a new project or plan for an upcoming project, but you could never get ahold of your coworker who always seems to be on the go or in a meeting? Well now with Lucid you can collaborate with them without having to be in the same room with them. After the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies were shut down and many other companies continued to thrive. Some of the companies that continued to thrive were the ones that were able to continue working despite not being able to gather together to discuss their ideas and projects. This was able to be achieved through Lucid. My company wanted to convey to our technicians that our projects had a triple weighted impact on our organization’s health plan ratings. When the technicians gathered together over Zoom, it’s not easy to hold their attention, so we used a fun and intuitive tool like Lucid to show how much our projects had an impact on other projects thus impacting our entire organization. How can you tell me that this is not as efficient as a bunch of 1960s time travelers gathering in a room?

We use it to create simple and complex network overviews.

Example:

I enjoy using Visual Activities  when I’m conducting safety training for staff.

This is an example of a root cause analysis training using the Fish-bone technique, supported by lessons learned brainstorming activity. We use this activity to encourage active staff participation and learnings to understand the root cause of accidents and analyses failures to implement corrective and preventive actions. This helps prevent similar accidents from reoccurring. 

I think it would be worth also to compare the digital tools to their “material” analogues, and show that there is more to be achieved with help of Lucid.

This way it will be easier to convince that new technology is the way to go :)