Skip to main content

Group projects are the perfect way to keep students engaged at the end of the school year! 

Lucidspark allows teachers to organize and manage different group workspaces from one place using Lucidspark’s breakout board feature. 

Watch this quick video to learn more about using breakout boards for group projects:  

Don’t forget to help inspire other teachers by sharing in the comments below how you use Lucid to facilitate group work. 

Hey all!  I used Lucidspark recently to organize my Battles of the Civil War group activity.  I had students work together to create timeline of the major battles of the Civil War (I added a timeline template to each breakout board for the students to use).  Then I had each group share their timeline with the class to help teach the class all about the different battles.  

So this isn't an example of Lucidspark but I had a lot of fun wusing Lucidchart to help my students create and share state reports with the rest of the class.  I had the students create their state reports in different Lucidchart tabs.  Then I added a shape to each state and linked it to the correct state tab.  Now students can click on each state to access all of the different state reports.  The kids had a lot of fun looking through everyone else's reports. This is the template I started with and sent to the students.  I hope you find it helpful :)

Hey when I first learned about breakout boards I immediately thought that this would be amazing from group work.  So I created this as a possible example.  Those who have met me know I am obsessed the image of goats in a tree 🙂 For this lesson I started by sharing a collaborative Lucidspark board and having the students share questions they have after looking at this thought provoking image of the goats in a tree.  Then we read the article explanation and discussed the unexpected symbiotic relationship that occurred by bringing goats into the desert.  This intro activity peeks students' interest about the topic.  Now that they are curious to learn more I breakout boards to have the students research and then share with the group about all of the different kinds of relationships in nature. 

I love the group project template!  I was able to put together a whole text analysis project relatively quickly!  I just made one breakout board and then made a duplicate for each group!  I love that my students can access their Lucidspark during class after class and it is a resource for them for the next phase (a text analysis essay).  Students can also see the work of other groups and I am planning on having the students refine their breakout boards and turning them into presentations.  Each step of the project will contribute to the presentation.  Start to finish the whole project is in Lucidspark!  You can see a short video explanation here