Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I would like to automate the upload and the sync of our org chart. For now we have been doing them via Excel upload. 

Goal: Every change we make in the sheet is automaticly on lucid charts. 

How can I achive that task? 

Thanks!

Best

Anton

Hi Anton, thanks for this post. Unfortunately, a bi-directional sync like what you described isn’t currently supported in Lucid for Excel, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

As an alternative, using the “replace dataset” function will push changes in your Excel sheet into your diagram. 

Hi Anton, thanks for this post. Unfortunately, a bi-directional sync like what you described isn’t currently supported in Lucid for Excel, but we’re very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. If you’re willing to share, we’d love to hear more details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience within this thread. I’ve also converted this post to an idea so that it’s visible to others within the Product Feedback section of the community - from here, they can upvote it and add details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

As an alternative, using the “replace dataset” function will push changes in your Excel sheet into your diagram. 

Hi! Thank you very much for the answer.

Is there any workaround? Like Google Sheets? Or anything else possible? 

Thank you!

Best

Anton

Hi Anton,

I’m a product manager working on improving our data import architecture.  We have a early-release feature that supports 2-way sync with Google Sheets spreadsheets. 

I can onboard you into this if you’re interested.  Would you mind if I reached out with more info?

Hi Anton,

I’m a product manager working on improving our data import architecture.  We have a early-release feature that supports 2-way sync with Google Sheets spreadsheets. 

I can onboard you into this if you’re interested.  Would you mind if I reached out with more info?

Hello,  We are using Google sheets and data-linking into our workspace.  We then use that google sheet to connect to our org-charts, however, I have just recently learned that there is no automated update of the org-chart, but rather we HAVE TO click on refresh data in the right panel.  Is what you mention here automation of that process?

Hi Anton,

Hello,  We are using Google sheets and data-linking into our workspace.  We then use that google sheet to connect to our org-charts, however, I have just recently learned that there is no automated update of the org-chart, but rather we HAVE TO click on refresh data in the right panel.  Is what you mention here automation of that process?

You will have to click to refresh the org chart for now.  The Google Sheets beta will not change this behavior.  We are, however, looking into to changing this.  If you’d like to share feedback or discuss this more, please join us the Data Trusted User Group

Ok thank you @all! 

I hope the feature will come soon.

Best

Anton