Skip to main content

Our team has always been able to either copy/paste a LucidChart diagram URL in our Confluence documentation to import an interactive diagram, or add it via the built-in function in Confluence.

For the past couple of months this functionality has stopped working, and it’s rather frustrating.

As a workaround we’ve been screenshotting the diagrams into our Confluence documentation, and added the link to the diagram, but now we can no longer paste the URL anymore, as it automatically tries importing the interactive diagram - which doesn’t work.

We’ve tried different browsers, and we’ve tried clearing ALL browser history, caches, cookies etc., but this has no effect.

Please see attached screenshots of the error.

When clicking “Log In”, we’re met with the error seen on the screenshot below

Has anyone else experienced this, or found a fix?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jens, thanks for flagging this and apologies for the trouble! We currently don’t have any other reports of this issue, so it does not seem to be general issue. 

Could you provide some additional context so we can get a better understanding of the issue: 

• Is this occurring for all Confluence users as far as you know, or is it limited to specific users? 
  • Is this happening on all pages and in all spaces? 
  • Is this happening for all diagrams that are inserted in your Confluence instance? 
  • If you log into lucid.app in your browser in a different tab and then refresh the Confluence page, does the error message still appear? 
  • Would you mind enabling 3rd party cookies and then trying again? Please take a look at this article for information on how to do this.
  • Could you send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).

Thanks in advance for your patience while we gather more information! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can link to your diagrams by linking text on you Confluence page: 

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply!

• Is this occurring for all Confluence users as far as you know, or is it limited to specific users? 

I will need to ask around within the organisation and get back to you.

• Is this happening on all pages and in all spaces?

I will also need to ask around within the organisation and get back to you regarding this.

• If you log into lucid.app in your browser in a different tab and then refresh the Confluence page, does the error message still appear? 

Yes, it still happens even with an active SSO-session within the browser. I’ve also tried logging off and logging on, both within the integration in Confluence, but also externally, without luck.

• Would you mind enabling 3rd party cookies and then trying again? Please take a look at this article for information on how to do this.

3rd party cookies have been enabled at all times when using the integration, both when it worked, and also now when it doesn’t work

• Could you send a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (Mac).

The bottom 4 lines of the console appeared when attempting to login through the integration, where it fails and says “refused to connect”

Thanks for sending all that information! Please let me know once you have more information on whether this issue is occurring for all users/documents/pages or only for specific users/documents/pages, as this will help us understand the scope of the issue on your end. Thanks!

I’ve now asked other teams within the business.

Others have had similar issues, but were able to remediate the issue by clearing cookies from their browser. I have however already tried this but with no effect.

So the issue at hand doesn’t seem like it affects everyone.

Thanks for looking into that! The fact that your colleagues are able to resolve the issue through clearing their cache and cookies while it remains when you do the same suggests that this issue has some local cause.

• It looks like you are currently using a customised behaviour to only allow cookies for lucid.app. Could you instead try (temporarily) enabling all third party cookies, then clear your cache and cookies once more and see if the issue persists?

• Could you also try connecting to a different network (e.g. mobile hotspot) and disconnect from any VPNs (if possible)
  • Finally, could you also let me know which browsers (and browser versions) you are able to reproduce this issue in? 

Hi Eric,

As it turns out, it was Microsoft Edge causing these issues.

Tried once more with Mozilla Firefox which worked like a charm.

Thank you for your help and investigation.

Thanks for the update Jens, I am happy to hear that you were able to identify the cause! 

Please don’t hesitate to reach out again, should you run into any issues in the future.