Solved

UML Sequence Markup Conditional Formatting

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Background:

My organization makes heavy use of the UML Sequence shape library via </> Use Markup.  (this pattern for reference)

We want to add conditional formatting to the various shapes to output visually appealing diagrams.  For instance, all of the following should be styled with unique styles:

• participants [UMLObjectBlock]
  • lifelines (activation) [UMLActivationBlock]
  • notes [UMLNoteBlockV2]
  • option loops [UMLOptionLoopBlock]
  • alternatives [UMLAlternativeBlock2]

Bug:

However, when we Build the diagram using </> Use Markup, the lifelines object is built as a [UMLObjectBlock] rather than the appropriate [UMLActivationBlock].

Impact:

This makes it impossible for us to differentiate between participants and lifelines, and styling which is intended to apply only to participants is also applied to lifelines.  We then must manually save the markup outside of lucidchart to back it up, ungroup the chart (which makes it impossible to edit with markup any longer), and manually edit all of the activation bars.  This is pretty disruptive to our process.

Please update the UML Markup Diagram Generator to use the appropriate shapetypes.  

icon

Best answer by Leianne C 26 April 2024, 09:57

View original

Comments

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @twilio-jyoung, thank you for posting in the community! I was able to reproduce the described behaviour and have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix.

Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @twilio-jyoung, good news! I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like the issue you experienced should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues or have further questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

can confirm this is resolved!  thank you!