Skip to main content
Guest user URL can no longer be issued. I searched for how to set it up, but I can't find it. I can't reach security. How can I publish it?

Hi @nnnnnnnnnnami,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Lucidspark’s Guest Collaborators feature allows users without any Lucid account to join collaboration sessions and contribute to the work of Lucidspark users. This feature can be enabled on a document basis by users on Team and Enterprise Lucidspark accounts. 

This help article explains how a document owner can share a Lucidspark board with guest collaborators.

Enterprise Admins can control their users’ ability to invite Guest Collaborators to their boards. The ‘Advanced sharing’ section of our help article on Security settings explains how admins can enable or disable the generation of Guest Collaborator access links for Lucidspark boards. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

So does this mean a free user cannot enable guest collaboration? I’ve managed to do it for one of my charts though. For that chart, I disabled the sharing toggle, and I was left with collaborate option. I could use the public link to share that document. However, now I cannot with my new document. 

Hi @Dez,

Thanks for your question.

Free users do not have access to the Lucidspark guest collaborators feature. This feature can only be enabled on a document basis by users on Team and Enterprise Lucidspark accounts. 

I believe that what you are referring to is the ability to share a Lucidchart document from the document’s editor and the creation of a shareable link.

If you need assistance with sharing your document, could you please provide a screenshot of what is causing you trouble?

Thanks!

Hi Coumba. I’m guessing you’ve answer this above, but I just like to double check if I may please. I have an educator’s account and need to be able to share with my students who don’t have a Lucidspark account - Guest Collaborators. I realise this is available on Team and Enterprise accounts, but can it also be enabled for us educators please?

Many thanks

Tony

Hi @CCQI, thank you for continuing this thread! Unfortunately, the Guest Collaborators feature is not currently available to educational accounts.

However, Lucid offers free educational upgrades to students and educators which can allow you to share documents and boards with your students. 

The free upgrade gives you access to the features described here, including unlimited objects and three editable documents. 

K-12

If you are a student or educator in a K-12 school and have signed up for a free Lucid account using your school-issued email address, you will be automatically upgraded to a free educational account.

Higher Ed

If you are a student or educator at a university or college and have signed up for a free Lucid account using your school issued email address, and have also chosen “Student” or “Educator” in the persona picker when setting up your account, you will be automatically upgraded to a free educational account.

If you are not automatically upgraded, please fill out this form to request your educational upgrade. 

I hope this helps. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions!