Skip to main content

When drawing a diagram, anytime my cursor gets within a few inches of the edge of the browser, the diagram begins to auto-scroll in that direction.  This means that when I’m attempting to select a new object to drag onto the canvas, from the left toolbar, it starts scrolling.  It’s driving me mad.  How can I disable any sort of auto-scrolling?

Hi @silvercreek 

Try adjusting the Navigation Mode settings to see if it helps mitigate the issue - to learn more, please follow this post.

Navigation Mode settings 🧭 | Community (lucid.co)

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Hi @silvercreek, thank you for posting in the community! If the navigation mode setting that @Humas1985 shared doesn’t help with the issue, would you mind giving the troubleshooting steps in this post a try?

Feel free to comment on the above post to share more details about your experience. Thank you!

Hi @silvercreek, thank you for posting in the community! If the navigation mode setting that @Humas1985 shared doesn’t help with the issue, would you mind giving the troubleshooting steps in this post a try?

Feel free to comment on the above post to share more details about your experience. Thank you!

Hi, adding to this post (as it is totally infuriating!) :)

So, at first I thought it was a bug, because the screen did not scroll/move/pan when I was near the edge for the first few minutes - but then, after selecting an object (to try and increase the border width), the screen moved. 

For a few more minutes of use, this only happened IF an object was selected (so I simply deselected by tapping on a blank bit of canvas) so that I could then access the side/top menu bars - but, then it started happening regardless of an object / canvas selected or not.

Also happens with any ‘navigation mode’ configuration.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Apple M1 MAX 

Sonoma 14.6.1

Safari: v17.6

ISSUE - Since the screen moves when the mouse is at the edge of the screen, it is confusing / disrupting when accessing the Shapes Panel or Tool Bar (as you lose your place on the screen).

• Open document
  • check view/Navigation Mode (issue is consistent in each mode); Mouse / Track / Auto 
    • Place objects, move them around for a minute.
    • move mouse cursor to screen edge; top/left/right/bottom.
    • notice that the screen moves when the mouse is close to the edge.
  • Attempt to change the colour of an object WITHOUT the screen moving.
  • Attempt to change the border width of an object WITHOUT the screen moving.

RESULT - The screen moves, no matter if you are ‘fast’ with the mouse, screen-edge moving cannot be disabled anywhere in the menus.

NOTE - In MOUSE navigation mode, the screen will still PAN left or right but will ZOOM with up/down. This is also somewhat confusing since you’re either in Auto or Track to have this feature (assuming the user will use the SPACE instead to PAN around while in Mouse mode.)

==

Thanks, Nelson.

UPDATE - Seems to be a safari issue, as I haven’t had the same problem in Chrome for the past 20 mins or so.

Good morning,

I just checked with the team that works on this feature, and they are investigating further. It has been reported by other users as well. Thank you for your detailed steps to reproduce. 

Please make it stop.  I cannot stand using the app right now.  

Oh wow, this is infuriating and nearly unusable.  I’m also using a Mac and Safari.  I will sooner stop using Lucid than switch to Chrome with its lack of privacy.

Hi @dwest and @Peter Kendall

Thank you for your posts! This is currently a bug in our system and our developers are working on this issue currently. I apologize for any disruption this may cause

Please follow along on the thread below for updates. 

Good news! I have heard back from our development team, and it sounds like the issue you experienced should now be resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues or have further questions.

I’m not sure if it is the same cause exactly, but this exact behavior is showing on the iPad with an apple pencil. Just hover it on one of the edges (or try to access the menu or icons) and it will scroll away from the content. This is on an 11” iPad Pro M2, which has the hover capability.

Edit: the same happens when using the trackpad. Very annoying…

Hi @CNathan, thanks for your patience and apologies for the delayed response while I investigated internally. We’ve not heard other reports of this on an iPad and have so far been unable to reproduce ourselves, but this sounds unusual and we’d like to continue to investigate. Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you also confirm that your Lucid app and iOS are both updated to the latest version? 

Hi @Micah , I was on 4.0.2, but in the meantime 4.0.3 got released which appears to have the fix. I can hover over any menu now without problems. Thanks for your reply!

Hi @CNathan, thank you so much for your reply! I’m so sorry for the trouble, and I’m very glad to hear that things seem to be working as expected now. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if this crops up again - it’s definitely not intended!