Skip to main content

Read this post to find solutions to the most common issues when using the Lucidchart Confluence Converter to migrate from the Lucidchart OnPrem app to the Lucidchart app.

Incorrect Consumer

This issue is a result of either the wrong Confluence Server Instance being selected or the embedded diagrams were inserted using a different Lucidchart account. To resolve try the following:

• Ensure you have selected the correct Confluence Instance. This may be the url to your Confluence Instance at the time it was linked or it may be a random string of numbers and letters.

• Under “Select the Confluence Server instance your Lucidchart macros come from” check that the https://confluence.example.com instance is selected (not the default selection).

• If that doesn’t fix the issue ensure you have connected Confluence Cloud to the correct Lucidchart account. The connected account must be the same that was connected to Confluence Server at the time the Lucidchart diagrams were inserted there.

Permissions Error

This error is most often caused because the space or page you are trying to update has extra restrictions or the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector does not have write access to the space. To resolve try the following:

Invalid Document Token

This error occurs because the Document Token is missing and the embedded diagram cannot be verified and will require manual reinsertion. The Lucidchart document must be manually reinserted because automatic conversion is not possible.

1. On the page with the broken macro select the three-dot menu.

2. Click Advanced Details.

3. Select View Storage Format.

4. Look for the id parameter on the Lucidchart macro to find which Lucidchart diagram was inserted. Here's an example:

5. Reinsert the diagram given the Lucidchart document ID.

If you're still experiencing error messages after following the steps above leave a comment and we can take a closer look.

Hi Support Team,

I hope you can help me with issues with certain Lucidchart docs not converting during Atlassian Confluence migrations to the cloud, and failing conversion post migration using the Lucidchart plug-in Conversion Tool.

We have resolved all of the Permission Errors, by providing the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector user with edit and admin access to the spaces and restricted pages. This has allowed conversion of these pages.

We still have a number of documents failing conversion with an error “Conversion failed: unknown error. Please contact Lucidchart support for help resolving this issue.”
We have checked permissions and restrictions and these seem okay. Many of the diagrams have converted, but the remaining ones haven’t.
I can’t provide the list here as this form does not allow an attachment, but please contact me and I can provide more information. (We have approx. 90 diagrams not converting all with the same error)

Thanks and Kind regards,

Greg Shea

Hi @gregshea, thank you for commenting on this post and letting us know about the issues you’re experiencing with the conversion tool. Since this may require us to take a closer look at your Confluence instance and the errors that you are seeing, I am going to create a support ticket for this conversation.

Please keep an eye out for an eye out for an email from Lucid support. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions in the meantime!