Skip to main content

I looked through the history here, and I’m a little surprised I didn’t find this.  I’m struggling to understand the access required to use the connector for Confluence.  I’m setting up the add-on for the first time (cloud instance) and receiving the “you are not an admin” error.  I’m assuming (perhaps falsely) it’s referring to my lucid access, which I’d imagine is accurate, I’m not an admin.  Love some confirmation I’m interpreting the error correctly (if you’re reading this devs, one word added to the error would have saved me from asking this question). 

Again, assuming that’s correct, I’m going to ask my IT team to either create an admin level service account or escalate my role.  In either case, I’m assuming admin access grants access to ALL lucid docs across all orgs at me company.  Which begs the question, is that access then passed on to Confluence, meaning any sites using the add-on and this account combination have access to the entirety of our Lucid presence?  If this is the case, I’d need a more nuanced admin account.

Hi @benryan!

This is a great question! Thank you for reaching out in the community. 

For starters, please note that, only the Account Owner or Team Admins on a Team or Enterprise account can install and configure the Lucidchart, Lucidspark, or Lucidscale app in Confluence Cloud. 

As you mentioned, you do not have admin permissions. I recommend reaching out to your Account Owner, Team Admin or your internal IT department to request admin privileges so that you can set up the Confluence Cloud Integration and deploy it on the account.

For more details, check out our Help Center Article, Integrate Lucid with Confluence Cloud.

Thanks again for posting in the community! We are always happy to help!  😀

Sorry, I’m still a little unclear, I am an admin in Confluence, are you confirming I’ll also need to be an admin in Lucid?

@benryan, No Worries. Yes, you will need to be a Lucid Account Owner or Lucid Team Admin to install and configure the Confluence Cloud integration.

Thank you.