Skip to main content
Question

Chart permanence when moving licenses to new user

• 28 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I have a user that is no longer with the organization and I need to transfer ownership of all their charts to a new user. zi am not finding a way to do this.

Hi Julia! Thanks for posting in the community! You can do this using our transfer/delete feature following these steps: 

1. Open the Admin panel.

2. Click the Users tile.

3. Find and select the user to be deleted.

4. Select Actions.

5. Click Delete User.

6. Check the box next to “Do you want to transfer this user's documents?” and enter the new content owner’s email address.

7. Select Delete.

Please note that you must be an Account Owner Team Admin or Group Admin to delete a user from a team. You can only designate one user to receive all of the transferred documents. When a Group Admin deletes a user and transfers their documents the user they are transferring to must belong to the Group Admin's group. 

Hope this helps!

What if the new user to whom one transfers the work does not belong to the same Group Admin group ? In this case, I am the one who will exit a project on which at my own initiative I started using Lucid Chart and I would like to hand over what I did so far and let someone else continue. I will leave this project on 26 January 2024.

Hi there, thanks for following up! When Group Admins delete or delicense a user, they can only transfer their documents to a user within the group they have admin privileges for. The Account Owner or a Team Admin on the other hand can transfer documents during user deletion or delicensing independently of group membership.

Hope this helps!

Xin chào, cảm ơn bạn đã theo dõi! Khi Quản trị viên nhóm xóa hoặc hủy cấp phép người dùng, họ chỉ có thể chuyển tài liệu của mình cho người dùng trong nhóm mà họ có đặc quyền quản trị. Mặt khác, Chủ sở hữu tài khoản hoặc Quản trị viên nhóm có thể chuyển tài liệu trong quá trình xóa người dùng hoặc hủy cấp phép độc lập với tư cách thành viên nhóm.

Hy vọng điều này sẽ giúp!