Skip to main content

Haven’t used Lucidchart for a few years, need to create an android app wireframe. I’m on a monthly paid plan. When I create a document from the Android wireframe mockup template, it opens in Lucidspark, not Lucidchart. Why? There is a “switch product” button but switching to Lucidchart to edit says “beta.”

I don’t want Lucidspark. I just want to create a new Lucidchart document based on a template, and then build my wireframe. What am I missing?

Hi @macnmotion, thanks for your post! It sounds like you used a Lucidspark template. You can see if a template is for Lucidchart or Lucidspark by the icon next to the template title: 

Lucidspark:

Lucidchart: 

The “Edit in Lucidchart” option refers to the Universal Canvas, which allows you to switch between the Lucidspark and Lucidchart toolsets within the same document/board. You can find more information in the Universal Canvas Help Center article.

If you would like to use that specific template in Lucidchart instead, you can take the following steps:

1. In a Lucidspark board, clickmore-menu-icon-in-lucidspark.pngthe More menu in Board Controls.
  2. Hover over Export.
  3. Click Lucidchart.

This will create a Lucidchart copy of the board, and you will be able to continue your work in that Lucidchart document. 

For more info, please take a look at the Import and export within Lucid article. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I searched “Android” in the template finder, and had selected “Lucidchart” to search within. But it seems that even if “Lucidchart” is selected, using the search function returns templates for Lucidspark? That’s not very intuitive. Is there a reason there isn’t an “Android” template in Lucidchart?

Honestly, this whole Lucidchart/Lucidspark connection is a real pain for any of us who want nothing to do with Lucidspark. I looked in preferences for a way to opt out or turn off Lucidspark, but couldn’t --- all I see is that I’ve paid for Lucidchart and am on a free version of Lucidspark. Forcing us into this dual environment to perhaps sell subs to Lucidspark isn’t very customer-friendly. If I missed a way of turning off Lucidspark completely, perhaps someone can point it out. For a new user (or a previous user who hasn’t used the app since before Lucidspark), having to notice a tiny icon on the corner of a template when only one result turns up, and reason that the template belongs to software that we didn’t purchase, is asking a lot. I spent about an hour wondering why I couldn’t get Android shape libraries to open in the Android template before posting here. Quite a waste of time.

So once again, see my attached screenshot. How am I supposed to know that this template doesn’t belong to Lucidchart, when I’ve selected the Lucidchart tab above, and don’t have multiple templates to compare the pink icons? And why didn’t the “mobile blockframe example” turn up as a result, if that’s the only mobile template you have in Lucidchart, when I was obviously searching for such a template when searching the term “Android?” Perhaps better tagging on your end would help?