Skip to main content

What is the best way to integrate an Excel sheet to create an organizational chart within Lucid?

Hi i thanks for posting in the community! Our org chart feature allows you to import a dataset to automatically create an org chart. We support the following import methods so you can import an Excel Sheet to create this! 

For more information about this feature I recommend taking a look at our Create an org chart article from the Help Center!

Hope this helps. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

I have imported from Excel into an organizational chart but now I want to edit the data manually.  Is there a way to change to a manual chart now and no longer use the organizational chart setup?

Hi @source103! While it is not possible to edit the imported data linked to your org chart, you can always manually edit the shapes in your org charts, including the content and position in the org chart. Hope this helps!

Hi! I’m Micah from Lucid’s community team. 👋 Jumping in here to share about Lucid’s Data Trusted User Group. This group is made up of knowledgeable users who regularly analyze and visualize data in their work. As part of this group, you’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with Lucid’s product team, gain early access to beta features, and share insights about your needs, shaping the future of Lucid’s data solutions 🎉 You can learn more and request to join here. Thanks!

Hello!  Because you’re working with Excel files I wanted to let you know that we are actively developing an Excel integration with Lucidchart. This feature will allow you to import spreadsheets from Office 365 business accounts, and have 2-way syncing between Lucid and your Excel spreadsheet. 

If you (or anyone reading this) is interested, shoot me a DM. I can get you onboarded to our Excel beta.  We’re actively looking for testers that can provide feedback and feature requests for this new capability.