Skip to main content

Please stop making Lucidchart “easier” to use, because it just makes it harder to use. Every time I try to use it, there is some new undesired automatic behavior I have to figure out how to turn off.

This time it’s lines automatically connecting to shapes that are no where near the end of the line.  I have a line where I want it, and then I move a shape that is in the general vicinity , but no where near it where it would think I want it connected and all of the sudden the line connects itself to the shape I just moved for no reason whatsoever.

HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF???

Before:

After moving the “white return” shape a little to the left, the line moves when I didn’t want it to.  

WHHYYYYYY?  It’s so annoying.

Hi @turbo2ltr 

Seems this need a check on - Enable Line Connections and Snap to Grid.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

Enable line connections was already on, if I turn it off it makes the whole point of lucidchart pointless. 

Snap to grid doesn’t affect my issue, it just makes it impossible to place things where I want them (my diagram is not grid based)

I want to make line connections, but only when the line is actually near the shape. Is that too much to ask of a flowchart application?  Previous versions did not have this issue.

@turbo2ltr - Thanks for giving a try, let me try to re-create this, in the meantime - we will also wait for the community associates also to diagnose this - as they may be able to get closer to this to help you out.

Hi @turbo2ltr, thanks for your post and apologies for the trouble! 

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

In an effort to share a good example with support, I found the issue.

Apparently the “snap search radius” changes depending on the grid size settings.  If I set the grid to 1” then any open lines within an inch of the symbol I’m moving will try to attach to it.

Lowering the grid to .2” makes the auto-connect of lines now only happens when I’m actually close to the line end.  I guess the scale of my drawing is smaller than normal. Trying to fit a lot on a sheet..