Solved

Print Lucidchart document to actual printer, not PDF

• 27 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi

As an old Visio user (VERY old!) I am impressed with LucidChart.  I have created a flowchart that is just as good as the ones I did many years ago with Visio. 

However I have an issue that I can’t solve from the Help files. When I click on “Print” there is no option to select my printer and it always prints to PDF, even though my system default printer is a real one.  Can I print directly, as is suggested in the help files?

icon

Best answer by Flavia D 2 April 2024, 17:15

View original

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nestor

Thanks for your post and feedback! To verify, when trying to print your flowchart, have you selected the “Print using system dialog...” option from the printing dialog? This should open up your printer system dialog. The flow should be: File > Print > Print (form the first print dialog) > “Print using system dialog...” (from the second print dialog) > printer system dialog. 

If this doesn’t work for you, please try the following steps: 

• Try printing in a Google Chrome Incognito browsing session. This often improves performance by clearing your cache and cookies and disabling your extensions.
  • Connecting to a different network or disconnecting from your VPN (if applicable) to rule out any network connection or security issues.

If the issue persists, please follow up below with the following information:

• A description of each one of the steps you’re prompted to follow when trying to print and the last step you are offered. 
  • Do you get to see the printing dialog in the screenshot above? 
  • If so, what does happen when you click on “Print using system dialog...”? 

Thanks! 

Badge +1

Hi

Thanks for your response.  I don’t see the same print dialog.  The images below show what I see. When I click the “Print” button on the second screen, it prints straight to PDF and opens the  Downloads dialog.  Incidentally, I am using Edge on Windows 11.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nestor,

Thanks for following up! Could you try the following: 

• Make sure you’re using the most recent version of Edge and try printing again.
  • Attempt the process in an Edge InPrivate window. 
  • Attempt to print in an alternate browser. 
  • Connect to a different network.
  • Disconnect from your VPN (if using a VPN).

If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the associated Javascript Console output when the issue occurs. You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

Thanks again! 

Badge +1

Thanks. 

• My operating system and browser is fully up to date
  • No difference in Edge  InPrivate window
  • No difference in Google Chrome
  • I cannot use a different network
  • I am not using a VPN

This is a copy of the Javascript Console content (totally meaningless to me)!

45[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking <some> event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive. See <URL>
ceaeeb243c8ce7a6093c2e710fff8ede3927ed3058501875ba32cede4773ac.js.br:53

[Violation] 'mouseover' handler took 189ms
ceaeeb243c8ce7a6093c2e710fff8ede3927ed3058501875ba32cede4773ac.js.br:53

[Violation] 'success' handler took 235ms

This issue not a real problem to me as it is easy enough to print from PDF

Thanks again

Steve 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nestor

Thanks for giving those suggestions a shot! The next step would be to try the process in an alternate device and, if possible, using a different network from that alternate device. However, it’s understandable if you don’t want to troubleshoot further, considering that exporting to PDF and then printing the PDF file works just as fine.

Thanks!