Question

PDF export not displaying shadow

• 9 February 2024
  • 12 replies

Badge

I have shadows on my boxes on a diagram, when I export to PDF those shadows are not exported so the boxes look flat.  Anyone else come across this?

Comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @mikegdoran -- thanks for posting! Care to share a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end?

Badge

I’ve got an example of this.  I’m putting shadows on various items in Lucid:

but when I export it to PDF:

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey @Mike Shelton thanks for posting! Have you tried exporting this as a different file type to determine if that helps mitigate the issue? For full transparency, we have had a couple of reports on this issue so I would love to get a bit more information from you so we can report this to our dev team. 

Thanks @Mike Shelton!

Badge

@Phillip W, I exported it to PNG, JPEG, and SVG and each of those included the shadow.  It appears that only PDF has the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Mike Shelton thanks for that additional information! My name is Grace, I’ll be taking over from here. Can you please send a temporary Support PIN for this document? This will allow me to take a closer look at the issue you’re experiencing. For more information on generating a Support PIN, check out this Help Center article.

Badge

LkJeayI02MAm

Badge

@gwingate , I created a simple diagram named “Blank diagram” for demonstrating the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Mike Shelton, thanks for sharing the PIN! After doing some additional testing, @gwingate and I believe you have identified a bug, and I have reported this to our development team. I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.

Badge

Thank you, @gwingate .

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@Mike Shelton, one thing I forgot to clarify, are these objects in your screenshot and test document images, custom shapes, or part of a Lucid shape library?

Badge

@Amelia W, the two objects in my diagram were imported from a Visio shape library so I guess they’d be classified as custom shapes.  I just now added some objects from Standard libraries > Azure 2021 and they produced the same result.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you for confirming @Mike Shelton, I will update this thread with more information when I have it!