Skip to main content

I am trying to organise items in a lucidspark page based on the tags. I cant find the whole set of tools in my tools list on the left hand side and can't find with search options either.

Looking for this set of tools (Screenshot from training video) mentioned in the training video - Organize and Make Decisions.

This is now currently my toolbox look like.

Hi Vishnu!

Thanks for posting in the Lucid Community 🤝 To use the sort feature you'll first need to drag and drop to select all of your sticky notes as outlined in the attached article from the Lucid Help Center here. This should show the organize tool within your toolbar. 

If not -- would you mind to share the steps you are taking I'd be happy to take a closer look at this on my end! 🍻

Thanks for the guidance Philip I tried in the way mentioned in document and context menu allowed me to sort. But with only Sticky notes. Two questions here: 

1. I converted my card to Lucid Cards and could still see the tags on it but it seems the organize features work only when they are stickys and not on Lucid cards. What is the Lucid Cards used for and why we are not allowed to sort/organize cards but stickeys are allowed?

2. I still can't see that organize icon on the left hand tools panel it is only shown on context menu when multiple stickys with tags are selected. Is that expected?

Hey there

Thank you for the reply! Happy to answer:

1. Sorting is only currently available for sticky notes. Our Lucid Cards are typically used for tasks such as during a Sprint in an Agile practice or some type of roadmap that may require multiple smaller projects to get to a final goal. We usually see users integrate Lucid Cards with Jira Google Asana or some other type of third party application to visually represent their project that has been created outside of Lucid. 

2. This sounds like expected behavior however if you are experiencing some difficulty with the sorting feature I'd be happy to take a closer look 😎

Hope this helps -- please let us know if you have any other questions! 

@phillip w the motivation to create a custom Lucid card and use tags to sort them is coming from this topic: 'Agile' org Structure Support – Lucidspark (zendesk.com). This was a workaround to create a card with name and designation of an employee and embed a photo on it as a team member placeholder in org chart then organize team members dynamically based on various factors using Tags (which squad team belong to contractors/permanent Working location etc). If answer to the above question #1 is a No for lucid cards. Then please suggest an alternative for my need - A dynamic Agile Org structure. 

Hey Vishnu -- I see you've created a new posted there on your link. I've went ahead and answered your questions in that thread.