Skip to main content

I have imported into LucidCharts the Cisco Meraki vss stencil from here:

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/cisco-meraki-visio-stencils/

However after the import every shape is just a blank background instead of the actual shape. Has anyone else been able to import the Meraki shapes?

Hi Elan thanks for posting in the Lucid Community! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of what you're seeing when you add an imported stencil to your canvas? This will help me to better understand the issue. Additionally can you confirm if you have been able to successfully import Visio stencils from another source before? Thanks for your help and patience!

Hi Micah

Yes I've been able to import other stencils with no problem. Here is what they look like:

Thanks!

Hi Elan thanks for getting back to me. Can you clarify if in the screenshot above those stencils have been added to your canvas and they are appearing there with that gray checkered background?

Hi Elan following up here with an update - you've identified a bug Lucidchart is currently experiencing with Visio stencil uploads. This problem is very likely not specific to these Meraki shapes in particular. Our development team is aware of the issue and I've added your case to the report. I am so sorry for the trouble and I'll be sure to let you know via this thread when I have word of an update. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Hi Micah

No. When I add the Shape Library to my diagram they all just show as white space in the left pane as follows:

When I add any to my canvas they show as a stock image as follows:

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me with those screenshots - that detail is really helpful! As I mentioned in my comment above (now pinned as the official comment on this post) we've identified this as a bug. I'll pass along this information to our development team and will share an update here about a fix as soon as I'm able. Thank you Elan!

Great thank you Micah!

Hi Micah

Is there an ETA for this fix? It's stopping me from being able to create my network diagrams. If no ETA is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Hi Elan thanks for letting us know how crucial this is to your work! While I'm unfortunately not able to provide an exact timeline for a resolution I will share any updates here as soon as I am able. Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Since the issue is affecting the Visio stencil import tool as a whole I can suggest importing the shapes in these stencils in another file form such as SVG PNG or JPEG if available.

Hey all Has this been resolved yet?

Hi Mahammad

Thanks for your message. We will make sure to update this thread with any update as soon as we are able too. 

We appreciate your patience!

Hello,

I am following up here to see if there has been any progress.

Thanks

Hi @Elan W, thanks for pinging this thread and for your patience. I’ve connected with our product development team, and they believe that because these stencils are image-heavy and very large, they are simply taking a long time to load. If you add one to your canvas and wait, does it eventually populate?