Skip to main content

We have been using Lucidchart diagrams successfully in Confluence for a while.

We embed the Lucidchart diagram on the page, and then we perform either a Word Export (native Confluence functionality) or a Scroll Export.

For the last couple of weeks (at least), we’ve noticed that Lucidchart diagrams have stopped displaying in the export.

The issue does not affect Lucidspark diagrams.

This is quite urgent for us to troubleshoot and get to the bottom of this, because this is a key part of our documentation production workflow.

Please note that the diagrams display successfully on the confluence page when you view the page normally, within the browser. But when you perform the export, the Lucidchart diagrams are missing. We’ve tried diagrams that are embedded using both the SImple Viewer and the Rich Viewer - both have the issue.

Hi @Matt C,

Thank you for posting in the community! Would you mind sending me the following details so I can look into the issue?

1. What browser are you using? Have you tried this on an additional browser or using an incognito or private window?
  2. Could you send a screenshot of the issue so I can see what you are seeing?
  3. What type of Confluence are you using (Cloud vs. Server vs Data Center)? If Server or Data Center, what version?
  4. What version of the Lucidchart plug-in are you using?
  5. Can you send me a screenshot of the Javascript console when the issue occurs? You can open your Javascript Console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + J (if your computer is a Windows / Linux) OR Cmd + Opt + J (if your computer is a Mac).

Hi @Kelsey Gaag ,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

1. I’m using Microsoft Edge mainly (128.0.2739.79), but I have also reproduced the issue on Safari (version 17.6) and Chrome (128.0.6613.138). I’ve tried this in incognito/private mode on all of those browsers, and in both incognito & public on Edge.
  2. I’ve got an animated GIF that shows the issue fully, but you seem to have a limit of 5MB for attachments on this site. Hopefully the image below shows the issue - you can see the lucidchart embedded on the page (right), but it doesn’t show in the Word export (left).

1. We’re using Confluence Cloud,.
  2. We’re using version 2.0.29-AC of the Lucidchart diagrams plugin.
  3. Please see the screenshot of the javascript console attached. Note that the erors that are shown here all occur on page load - there was no error shown when I generated the export. I am guessing that any errors that you see would be occurring on the server side.

I would really appreciate your prioritisation of this, as this is quite a critical bit of functionality for us.

Hi @Matt C

Thank you for getting back to me with this information. After looking into this issue further, it looks like this is a bug in our system and is currently being worked on. 

I apologize for any disruption this may cause, and I will update this thread with any new information about a fix. Please follow along on this thread for updates, and post any additional questions or concerns below.