Skip to main content

Lucidchart - converting flow chart image into an actual Lucidchart flow chart file

Related products: Lucidchart

Lucidchart - converting flow chart image into an actual Lucidchart flow chart file

Hello folks!  I am aware of the vector and vectorization issues but has anyone tried and/or succeeded in uploading an image - static image like a pdf jpeg or tiff of a flow chart and using Lucidchart tranmogrified it into a functioning Lucidchart flow chart file?

Thanks!

Pete - Minneapolis-St. Paul Area

Hi @peter h101 thanks for posting in the community and calling for the wider community to share their experience in this thread! I also recommend reading through this Help Center article for some additional information about this.

If you are trying to import a file and having trouble please feel free to post in the community with a brief description and screenshot of the issue you are seeing. Our team would be happy to assist with troubleshooting or answering any questions! Thank you!

I was looking for the same functionality. Shame that Leianne's response didn't answer the question at all. The question is can we take an image file of a diagram - jpeg png etc - and create a functional chart from there. The is a different type of file than the options of visio gliffy draw.io.

If someone does have an answer I'll be following this question.

I have not found a way to get Lucid or Visio to automatically trace a bitmapped image into a vector-based workflow/diagram.  I’ve only been able to drag and drop my image from my desktop onto the Lucid canvas and then manually draw the shapes over the bitmap image before I delete it.  

Not sure if that’s what you meant but that’s the experience I’ve had so far.

Hi @Mulcyber, thanks for your response! Unfortunately, automatically converting an image of a flowchart to flowchart shapes isn’t currently supported in Lucid, but we are very interested in your feedback and committed to continually improving our products. Please first search the Product Feedback section of this community (with the filter Topic Type = Idea) to see if it’s already been submitted. If so, please add any additional details you’d like and upvote the request - this consolidation helps to refine feedback and properly capture the popularity of the request.

If no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own.

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

I'm checking back after 6 months, hoping that AI evolution has helped the Lucid team implement this feature. Please share any updates on this feature or any plans in the future to have this feature. 

Hi @utkarsh, thanks for following up! At this moment, this is not yet possible in Lucid, and I am unable to provide a timeline for when this might be implemented. 

Please note that this post is NOT an idea, so this post has not been taken into account as product feedback. As described by Addie and Micah above, if no one has submitted this idea yet, please create one of your own and be sure to include details about your use case or what you’d like to see in this experience. This will also allow other users with similar requests to discover and upvote it, then details of their own. Only in this format can the idea gain traction for consideration by our product team. 

Finally, for more information on how Lucid manages feedback via this community, take a look at this post:

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.