Skip to main content

Hi All I have been a Lucidchart user for almost 5 years. I have noticed some of users losing there work time-to-time in this blog but never have encountered this myself...until now. I had gone through most of the similar posts of Lucichart users losing work and I see the standard official post being shared by Lucidchart employees but have not seen any acknowledgements if the recovery issue resulted in a success. I literally lost 2 days of solid work and missed out on my deadline. 

Just wondering the communities thoughts on this lost/missing/recovery issue.

Thank you.

Hi Kiran thanks for posting in the community! I understand how frustrating it is to lose work you've spent a lot of time on. Since troubleshooting saving issues requires users to send potentially sensitive information we move these kinds of requests to a support ticket for one-on-one troubleshooting to protect the privacy and security of accounts.

If any other users are having trouble with lost documents or saving issues please submit a support ticket by filling out this form. Thanks!

Hi Leianne

Thank you. I already submitted a request las Friday. I did get the standard response of "Lost work" ; which did not help. Since there is no ability to assign priority and guidance on SLA I am trying my luck in this community before I start to recreate my diagrams. Also looking for guidance on work-arounds to potentially avoid this pitfall.

Best Regards.

Hi Kiran thank you for the response! It looks like our team is already assisting with your request and the issue has been reported to our engineers. I'm sorry for the trouble you are experiencing but we will be sure to update you in the support ticket once we have more information. 

Since issues related to lost work are different for each individual case I am unable to provide any specific advice. However one of the most common causes is internet stability. That's why we recommend users to make sure they work in an environment with reliable internet connection. If you notice your edits are not saving it is best to keep the document open until your work is saved or until our support team can assist you.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues with saving our Help Center article is a great resource as a first step for troubleshooting. Hope this helps!