Skip to main content

I want to share a Lucid Chart with guest collaborators, but when they try to adjust te board, they get the message that they are out of free shapes (60). Is there any way to grant them - for the specific shared board - access to alter the Lucid Chart, even when there are more than 60 shapes in the document?

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Am sure - Shapes available to guest collaborators is limited to 60 in the free version
Consider upgrading to a paid plan in Lucidchart that offers more features and allows for more shapes in documents

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!
Warm regards

Hi Huma, thanks for the response! We already have a paid plan (team). However, guest collaborators still get the message that they are out of free shapes. So I can add shapes as the owner, yet guest collaborators cannot. Is that normal?

Hey @Erfgoed IGEMO -- thanks for the post and reply and big shoutout to @Humas1985 for the early jump on this one! 

To answer the most recent question, yes, this is normal behavior for Guest Collaborators. Guest Collaborators have the same access as a Free user without having to register for an account. This limits them somewhat in shape count, feature availability, downloading, and sharing the document. You can learn more about that here

I hope this helps answer your questions -- please let me know if it doesn’t, I’d be happy to look into this further!