Skip to main content

How to make two separate items in one

• 15 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi

I'm trying to figure this out and to work with this tool. 

I have to create floor plans for security projects so I already have a floor plan with all the walls rooms etc. I only have to add certain items in the floor plan. 

First question is this the tool to use? (I have my doubts)

Second question how do I make sure to have two separate items I can change in one solid item so I can scale this. The items are very simple like a square or a circle with text in it. But again I scale the circle I want the text to scale with it. 

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you!

Kindly Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for reaching out in the community. Our floor plan feature is great and works very effectively. When you open up a Lucidchart document click "M" to open up our shape library manager. In the search bar type in "floor plan" and click the check box next to that shape library. That will add all of the shapes available to build a floor plan using Lucidchart. If you would like to make two separate shapes into one item you can select both items right click and select "group"(keyboard shortcut = Ctrl + G or Cmd + G). That will group those two items together. I hope that this helps. Please reach out if you have any further questions.